Mission and Goals
The Library will be an innovative, inspiring and vital component in the academic life of the College.
The Whittington W. Clement Learning Resources Center will support the mission of Danville Community College by providing services and learning resources for the educational and workforce training programs and services of the College.
- To promote awareness and use of information and instructional resources by students, faculty and the community.
- To stimulate innovation and learning by providing services, equipment, and facilities that meet the instructional needs of the educational and workforce training programs of the College.
- To acquire, organize, maintain, and promote the use of a well-planned collection of information and learning resources materials and supportive equipment.
- To develop special collections that will preserve and document the development of Danville Community College and reflect the art and culture of the region.
- To provide a comprehensive learning assistance program by providing quality supplemental instruction and tutoring services, testing services, and ready access to computer applications.
- To strengthen access to quality credit and non-credit educational programs and instruction through a comprehensive distributed learning program.
- To enhance instruction by collaborating with the faculty and staff in the design and development of curriculum materials used in both distributed learning and traditional on-campus courses.
- To strengthen and promote the College’s presence on the World Wide Web.
- To provide a qualified staff that is concerned and involved in serving the needs of the students, faculty, and the community.
- To engage in appropriate inter-agency activities for the purpose of cooperative sharing of resources and services.
Program Outcomes for Mary M. Barksdale Library
- Promote the knowledge of and use of information and instructional resources by students, faculty and the College community.
- Acquire, organize, maintain, and promote the use of a well-planned collection of library and information resources and supporting technology.
- Develop special collections that will preserve and document the development of Danville Community College and enhance the College experience.
- Provide access for students to computer technology and software applications.